The P-51A was the last of the Allison powered Mustangs. This was an improvement over the P-51 in that it incorporated the improved performance of the 1,200 horsepower Allison V1710-81 in-line engine. A pair of .50 caliber machine guns replaced the .30 caliber guns installed in the P-51, and the chin-mounted .50s of the P-51 were removed. Low drag wing racks were added to the P-51A as well.
- 60 parts molded in gray plastic
- Finely recessed panel lines
- Optional tires (weighted and unweighted)
- Protected decals and clear parts
- Detailed instruction booklet